Thank you to all the men and women who have fought so bravely for our country.
Thank you for dedicating your lives to protecting family, friends, and strangers.
Thank you for making unbelievable sacrifices so we can live in freedom.
I came across this great “fun fact” website and will be sharing some with you every Friday. Hope you enjoy!
- 1,525,000,000 miles of telephone wire a strung across the U.S.
- 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don’t die throughout the movie.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- 123,000,000 cars are being driven down the U.S’s highways.
- 160 cars can drive side by side on the Monumental Axis in Brazil, the world’s widest road.
- 166,875,000,000 pieces of mail are delivered each year in the U.S.
- 27% of U.S. male college students believe life is “A meaningless existential hell.”
- 315 entries in Webster’s Dictionary will be misspelled.
- 5% of Canadians don’t know the first 7 words of the Canadian anthem, but know the first 9 of the American anthem.
- 56,000,000 people go to Major League baseball each year.
- 7% of Americans don’t know the first 9 words of the American anthem, but know the first 7 of the Canadian anthem.
- 85,000,000 tons of paper are used each year in the U.S.
- 99% of the solar systems mass is concentrated in the sun.
- A 10-gallon hat barely holds 6 pints.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off.
- A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate.
- A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
Did you know that Austin is considered the live music capital of the world?
Or that the armadillo is the official state mammal?
I didn’t either, but I do now, because I clicked this link: http://www.50states.com/facts/texas.htm
Check out some great Texas facts ya’ll. YeeeeHaaaw!