How about a trip back in time?
You know you were born in the 60’s when…
- When you were a kid, your station wagon’s rear seat faced backwards.
- When you hear Sting singing, “I want my MTV,” you flash back to the beginning of, you guessed it, MTV!
- You remember the song, “Convoy.”
- You or your friend had a tape player that held two cassettes, so you could copy one tape to another.
- You had big hair at one point in your life.
- You remember, “The Spirit of 76!”
- Everyone had cap guns.
- You had clackers before they were pulled off the market due to eye injuries.
- Stores sold candy cigarettes that you could blow into and “smoke” would come out.
- You were of legal drinking age when you turned 18.
- School locker rooms had showers.
- After breakfast you went outside and didn’t come back until dinner, except perhaps for a lunch break.
- The first handheld game was football.
- You remember the first Rubix cube.
- You knew a “brain” who could do the Rubix cube in a few seconds flat.
- Instead of using body boards, you rode waves on blue and red canvas rafts.
- Your parents would watch the news at 6:00 and it was borrriiinnngggg!
- Your first record player had two speeds.
- You wore nice clothing when going on an airplane.
- Two words. Clogs and Candies.
- You owned a Jellybean Jacket. Mine was blue!
- You had a bubble umbrella.
- When you were young, you had a banana seat on your bike.
- You knew someone who had a Flexy.
- McDonald’s was “over one million sold.”
- You collected bottles for money.
- You chewed “Smooth and Juicy” bubble gum.
- You remember Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlor.
- There was no such thing as pizza delivery.
- You got up to change the channel.
- Coffee was percolated.
- There were no microwaves.
- You had a pet rock.
- You had slime with worms.
- Bazooka Bubble Gum cartoons would sometimes have the note, “Help, I’m trapped in a bubble gum factory!” on them.
information found at the site below…